4. Captain’s Chair:
- Stand straight on the strong chair. Tightly grip your handholds and balance the upper body.
- Push your back towards the pad and relax your shoulders.
- Slowly Bend your knees and pull the abs. Take off your knees till the hip level.
- Avoid arching the back or swinging your legs upwards.
- Steadily put the lower back down to the same position. You can repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
The captain’s chair leg raise is done in many gyms. This works well for the rectus abdominis and obliques. In case you don’t have a captain’s chair rack, this can also be done with the help of a pull up bar, abs straps or ball roll out.